Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Welcome to Lilliput...

Listening to @Pistachio addressing the Montreal Webcom in November 2008 on the value of Twitter... I note her "What's it DO?" slide #21, that includes the following benefits of Twitter: "Surround you with motivating people" and "Flatten hierarchy."

Follow me as we slide down the rabbit whole, googling "greater than quantum." I click on the following...

Quantum Leaps: 7 Skills for Workplace Recreation - Google Books Result

by Charlotte Shelton - 1998 - Business & Economics - 212 pages
There are several ways that we can use the graphic The Whole Is Greater than the Sum of the Parts Living revisited Parts whole greater than sum of Quantum ...
books.google.com/books?isbn=0750670770...
"God eternally geometrizes." - Plato

R. Buckminster Fuller describes the effect as "synergy" - where the whole is much greater than the sum of its parts. All part of the Twitterverse. Scrolling down I find...

Amazon informs me that the following quote that appears in Quantum Leaps is also included in 41 different books: "Reality is what we take to be true. What we take to be true is what we believe. What we believe is based upon our perceptions. What we perceive depends upon what we look for." - Gary Zukav author of The Dancing Wu Li Masters
Wikipedia tells me, "The phrase Wu Li in the title refers to one possible Chinese translation of the word "physics," as translated by the Tai Chi teacher Al Huang, emphasizing alleged philosophical commonality between western science and eastern mysticism. The chapters of the book are each titled with other alternative translations of Wu Li, such as "Nonsense" and "I Clutch My Principles."

Zukav says, ""When I wrote The Dancing Wu Li Masters: An Overview of the New Physics, I had never written a book and I had never studied physics."

The book was first published in 1979, before there was an Internet, before Twitter. It was based upon experiences and impressions Zukav gathered at an east-west physics conference held at Esalen Institute in Big Sur, California, in 1976 - hanging out with smart friends. The same reason I have come to replace my former trips to Esalen with daily Twitter-fixes. I like hanging out with smart people. I follow them on Twitter @by_designwise.

So this brings me to my New Year's resolutions... I have intended to read that book for years. I now have it in my hands. I am opening the cover, reading the Foreword which confirms my latest Daoist focal point... that subject and the ground within which it exists are inseparable and have a direct effect on each other, which is why I twitter.

Resolution #2: I will finish reading The Dancing Wu Li Masters on my next trip to Esalen.

Happy New Year!

No comments: