Monday, May 12, 2008

Bubbles, tiny bubbles...

After spending way too many years in the virtual world and not enough time in the garden, I recently started feeling blurry. The pathway to my dissolution began innocently enough by creating a MySpace identity. It was a great way to connect with my teenage kids and my musician friends.

Then, I discovered the grownup version of MySpace, or at least the college-level of social networking. I started a page in facebook. It wasn't long after, that I remembered I had a LinkedIn account that I had created a long time before, at the request of a friend. So, I dug that account back up and started working in the
LinkedIn business world of social networking.

Meanwhile my YouTube account started sprouting broader social wings. I had an identity there to polish up as well. I discovered how to become a registered expert at SelfGrowth.com and began to meet up with other experts. Now, I need to build a Lens or two or three. Oh yeah, and I have five blogs, two e-zines and three business Web sites.

Help! It feels like I am dissolving into a sea of disparate identity bubbles.


Tiny bubbles in the wine,
make me happy, make me feel fine,
tiny bubbles make me warm all over
with a feeling that I'm gonna love you 'til the end of time.

Don Ho may have been happy staring at those tiny bubbles but I was in a daze...

Then I discovered
Bubbl.us and I began mapping myself:










Making a site plan of my virtual identity makes me at least feel like I am the master of my domain(s). The Bubbl.us map i am building is a work in progress as is the application that makes it possible. The developers say bubbl.us 2.0 will provide even more enhanced editor control.

No comments: