Saturday, May 31, 2008

MyFolia.com is the facebook for gardeners

Lately I have been spending more time working with garden plants and growing vegetables to balance out my life in the virtual world. I just signed up for a free account in MyFolia, the social network for plant lovers. OMG now I can connect to my "gardening buddies" and add cool MyFolia Badges and Widgets that let people know that I have great rhubarb. I am working on my Folia profile @ doorcountygardener and will soon add my gardens and an inventory of their plants, then even swap real plants with other gardeners and research new varieties.

Using Web 2.0 technology, I will be able to create a valuable garden journal that helps me track the growth and prosperity of plantings. There's also a plant reference wiki to help identify the unknown. MyFolia gardeners are indexed by USDA zones so you can relate to people in similar climactic regions.

Other social networks for gardeners include The Garden Network and GardenWeb.

1 comment:

Hamayun Rasheed said...

how can i pron my curry tree.which height they grow.